COACHING POSITION AVAILABLE
Head Coach – Women’s Flag Football (Contractual – Part Time)
Champlain College Saint-Lambert is inviting applications for the position of Head Coach for its Women’s Flag-Football Program. Champlain College Saint-Lambert has an enrollment of 2900 student and is a member of the Réseau du Sport Étudiant de Québec (RSEQ), the Canadian Collegiate Athletic Association (CCAA) and will compete in the RSEQ Sud-Ouest Conference in Women’s Flag-Football.
Reporting to the Coordinator of Athletics, the incumbent is responsible for providing a positive student-athlete experience within the framework of the Cavaliers program, which enshrines the values of education, leadership and respect. The Head Coach will be responsible for providing leadership in the planning and developing of an Intercollegiate Flag-Football Program. The duties will include but are not limited to the coaching, recruiting and assisting in the monitoring of the academic progress of student athletes. The Coach will be expected to accomplish these tasks while respecting the values of Fair Play in Sport and working within a multi-sport program in an educational institution.
• Promote the ethical values of the Champlain Cavaliers athletics program.
• Promote and support student-athlete academic success through the Cavalier Academic Success Program
• Conducting of try-outs and selection of team members.
• Preparing and directing practice sessions.
• Supervision of the team in competition.
• Attend league coaches’ meetings and other league functions as required.
• Contribute to the personal, academic and athletic development of the student-athletes.
• Develop a recruiting program which will identify prospective student-athletes for Champlain College.
• Coordinate team fundraising activities in conjunction with the athletics department.
• Liaise with the athletics department regarding all aspects of the program.
• PNCE/NCCP Introduction to Competition
• Knowledge of flag-football at the college level
• Experience in coaching flag-football (preferably at the college level).
• Strong communicational, motivational and organizational skills.
• Capacity to interact in a positive manner with student athletes.
• Strong verbal communication skills in English and French.
A review of applications will begin immediately. Applications will be accepted until a successful candidate has been found. For further information or to discuss this position please contact the Department of Athletics and Recreation at 450-672-7360 x359. Please forward your resume and references to:
Vince Amato, Athletics & Recreation
Champlain-College Saint Lambert
900 Riverside Drive
Saint-Lambert, QC J4P 3P2
We thank you for your interest in Champlain College Saint-Lambert.
However, only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.